Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC slab displacement analysis

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
antoine.carimalo
513 Views, 1 Reply

RC slab displacement analysis

Hello

Avoiding that RC deflection is a sensitive purpose, I want to be rassured for RC slabs deflection

I built an exemple (see attached list)

I use rigidity update to verify deflection after reinforcement to be calculated. It is more realistic I think. Is it the best way?

- deflection of beam is around 0.7 cm under case 15

- deflection of slab is around 0.4 cm under case 15

Now what is the best method to get the more realistic deflection of the floor including global effect of beams and slabs combinated?

Could we said :

- in the worth case global deflection is equal to 0.7+(0.4-0.3)=0.8cm ?

- global deflection is 0.4 at least ?

Pages de RC DESIGN.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

1. Deflection of the beam in the RC Beam design module should be calculated for T shape section. You can change the section of the imported beam in the RC Beam design module

2. The stiffness update method is more accurate than the approach used in the elastic one

You can try the following:

-  calculate the cracked deflection of the beam first and based on these results change IY of these beams

- calculate the model again

- calculate reinforcement for slabs

- run verification of  deflection for slabs using the stiffness update method

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report