Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC slab calculation on extruded solid

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
corne_mo
1312 Views, 3 Replies

RC slab calculation on extruded solid

And an other question. In a model I have made a solid (polyline --> panel (face) --> extrude) which represents a concrete construction. Now I want to do a slab analysis for this construction. However every time I attempt this Robot shuts down (error I think).

Is it possible what I want to do? Or is it even not possible?

Thanks for your replies.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: corne_mo

Assuming that you want to calculate reinforcement for such created slab then the answer is this is not possibile. This can only be done for a panel created as a shell (not a solid).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
corne_mo
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks for your answer.

Maybe you can help me a bit further.

My model is a simple steel construction with two column and one beam. Alle connections are fixed.

The steel is placed on an RC foundation, a spread footing with two columns.

I have modelled this footing using the RC foundation module, and it worked (see attachement). But the module gave the message "The assumption of rigid foundation for the assigned column spacing and thickness h=300 (mm) may not be fulfilled. A detailed analysis is required".

I agree with this message and want to do a detailed analysis. I wanted to do this by modelling the concrete as a solid and analysing that including RC design. As this is not possible, how can I best model the concrete for the detailed analysis?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: corne_mo

As I described I would use 'a panel created as a shell'. I'm attaching pictures that illustrate this approach.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report