Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC Provided Module issues

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
leegsstewart
409 Views, 14 Replies

RC Provided Module issues

Good afternoon,

My RSA 2014 keeps crashing out when I am exporing out of this simple 3D model as attached. I have tried to open in repair mode etc but to no avail?

Robot2014 - Crashes.PNG

If you could assist that'd be great!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kp1z3dm6kre7j7/Foundation_Main_Gallery2%28GBeam%20ULS%20Designs%29%20%28R...

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: leegsstewart

I do not see any problem.

Try attached file

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 15
leegsstewart
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Rafal,

Thanks for your reply. One query that I hope you can help with.

When I am using the 'provided reinforcement' module that is linked to a Robot Analysis model, if I adjust the model, the previously designed beams then have a question mark icon, which is what I'd expect.

However, when I try to rerun rebar checks, the question mark persists?

RebarDesignQuery.PNG

Is it best just to delete beam then 'reimport' to this module?

Cheers

Lee

Message 4 of 15
Rafal.Gaweda

or RC Element menu \ RC Element update

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 15
leegsstewart

Thanks Rafal,

Hopefully one last tip! I am using the 'Typical reinforcing' button to arrange rebar, however I cannot seem to be able to introduce two layers at bottom reinforcement. I hope to use 2 layers of H25x4 = 8H25.

The input only appears lt lay the bars at the bottom and only allows increments of 3, 6 , and so on?

UserInputRebar.PNG

Another query, does Robot check that the minimum and maximum distance between bars?

Cheers

Lee

Message 6 of 15
Rafal.Gaweda

The input only appears lt lay the bars at the bottom and only allows increments of 3, 6 , and so on?

Here:

nlayers.jpg 

Another query, does Robot check that the minimum and maximum distance between bars?

Sure it does.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 15
leegsstewart

Hi Rafal,

Thanks for your response. My query was for the user input 'Typical reinforcement' button if I can set two layers in this dialogue?

To set two layers of rebar in this dialogue, do you need to manually copy bars and adjust?

Reinforcement Pattern.png

I have set the two layers for the 'reinforcement pattern' for the Robot Automatic design, however does not affect typical reinforcement input.

Cheers

Lee

Message 8 of 15
leegsstewart

Incorrect screen grab!

Reinforcement Pattern.png

Message 9 of 15
Rafal.Gaweda

My query was for the user input 'Typical reinforcement' button if I can set two layers in this dialogue?

No

To set two layers of rebar in this dialogue, do you need to manually copy bars and adjust?

Yes

I have set the two layers for the 'reinforcement pattern' for the Robot Automatic design, however does not affect typical reinforcement input.

Yes.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 10 of 15
leegsstewart

Hi Rafal,

When I do RC element update, the RC component inspector does not return a green tick as screen grab?

Reinforcement-updated.PNG

Cheers

Lee

Message 11 of 15
Rafal.Gaweda

ARSA 2015:

Rafal Gaweda
Message 12 of 15
leegsstewart

Rafal,

Thanks for taking time for the video. I was hoping there was more of an automated way to update and re-calculate the rebar without having to respecify support widths, however that's life!!!!

One query,

I have opened up my model and my RSA seems to have started to work oddly with the 'Provided Reinforcement'. The tabs as per screen grab disappear and cannot seem to get these back. Also, this window disapears in total and cannot seem to re-invoke! I'm sure it is me but cannot seem to manipulate the settings to retrieve!

rebar_window_view4.PNG

Message 13 of 15
Rafal.Gaweda

Tools \ Customize \ Open Layouts from Template

Rafal Gaweda
Message 14 of 15
leegsstewart

Hi Rafal,

Thanks for quick reply but did not change the display 😞

Message 15 of 15
Rafal.Gaweda

repair mode or
Window \ Add View \ Beams \...
Window \ Add View \ Columns \ ...
etc

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report