Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC Pile Design Cover Dimension

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cianlong1
442 Views, 4 Replies

RC Pile Design Cover Dimension

Hi,

I am hoping someone might be able to help me with a problem in RC Pile Design in Robot Structural Analysis Pro 2013. I am trying to check the reinforcement provided for an RC column, I have set the cover dimension to 75mm in calculation options however after I run calculations the results show a cover of 30mm. I have attached a screen shot to help explain better.

Thanks,

Cian

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Could you attach the file with this column please? What was the way you generated reinforcement - was it automatically distributed by Robot or did you use the typical reinforcement dialog? 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5

I defined the reinforcement provided in the Typical Reinforcement window as I wish to check if the assumed reinforcement is sufficient. I have sent you a private message with the project file.

Message 4 of 5

The value of cover displayed from the note is taken from the value set in the Calculation Option dialog. As far as I can see you correctly matched the value of cover in this dialog with the value set in the typical reinforcement dialog. All that you should do now is to freeze the reinforcement and run calculations of the column (pile). This will update the calculation note wit the correct value of the cover.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5

All working now, thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report