Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rc foundation

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
hilda08
1289 Views, 16 Replies

rc foundation

im trying to design the foundations, but i cant find out how. i got an exampel that says to select the analysis / design og RC Structure elements / RC foundation design, but it dosent work and i cant find the right buttons... 

can you please help me? 

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: hilda08

Select the supported node and press the button indicated on the attached picture.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 17
hilda08
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

but the screen is empty and all the results are empty?

Message 4 of 17
Artur.Kosakowski

Please find the foundation you imported from the model on the list in the Inspector and double click on it. This should invoke it on the screen. Then press the calculation button and switch on the results tab.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 17
hilda08

i got a training manual that says that i shuld have a dimensions dialog box. where can i find it?

Message 6 of 17
Artur.Kosakowski

Check the foundation view tab please.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 17
hilda08

i cant find a tab in that view, and now all i can see i black... 

Message 8 of 17
Artur.Kosakowski

Please try to reduce the display acceleration as shown on the attached picture and restart Robot.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 17
hilda08

its not helping... i attached a picture so you can see whats happing

Message 10 of 17
Artur.Kosakowski

Most likely you minimized the structure viewer. Try to maximize it or open the layouts from template.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 17
hilda08

i sorry but i cant find it. its fine when your not trying to do the foundation but you do it all goes black... 

Message 12 of 17
Artur.Kosakowski

I have checked that using the other option I proposed  (see the picture I attached to my previous answer) Tools > customize > open layouts from template you should be able to restore the default settings of the viewer. Could you try please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 13 of 17
dimogrec

Hi,

the solution proposed by Artur (on message 2) is fine if we want to design a footing under a column..

In case I have a structure (steel or RC) and I would like to design a raft foundation under the columns which is the proposed way to do it?

thanks in advance

Message 14 of 17
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: dimogrec

You can try to create a panel (shell) on elastic soil and use the RC Slab design module instead.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 15 of 17
dimogrec

thanks Artur.

Message 16 of 17
CKDDIZ

Hi,

in case I want to calculate RC foundation just with the foundation module (not a part of a model in RSA, manually calculated forces), the module will calculate it will the specified soil beneath the foundation? In my case i have only the safe bearing pressure of soil (not specified what kind of soil it is), is there an option to do this, or have to find from literature for soils which bearing capacity correspond to which soil and select it from the RSA database?

Thanks

Message 17 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: CKDDIZ

CKDDIZ wrote:

Hi,

in case I want to calculate RC foundation just with the foundation module (not a part of a model in RSA, manually calculated forces), the module will calculate it will the specified soil beneath the foundation? In my case i have only the safe bearing pressure of soil (not specified what kind of soil it is), is there an option to do this, or have to find from literature for soils which bearing capacity correspond to which soil and select it from the RSA database?

Thanks

qu ?

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSA/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesROBOT/GUID-AC3744B2-B1FF-4EAB-BB55-2C5887C...

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report