Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
tony.ridley
624 Views, 7 Replies

RC design crash

Hi guys,

Having a problem where running certain parts of the RC module crashes Robot (2012 64 bit version).  

It crashes on many computers in our office.  But it works fine on 2013.  Is there a workaround for 2012 users?

I will send file and video in private mail to Artur. 

Tony

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tony.ridley
in reply to: tony.ridley

Artur,  

File is uploading now.  It's a similar problem to this one;

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Crash-in-RC-module/m-p/3315369/highlight/tru...

Thanks a lot.

Tony

Message 3 of 8

1. Delete all TEMP Windows files and check if there is the same issue

2. If this happens again send the crash report after typing some commend and email address in the corresponding fields.

3. Let me know that the report has been sent and what you typed (this information can be sent as a private message Smiley Happy).

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 8

Having a problem where running certain parts of the RC module crashes Robot (2012 64 bit version).  

It crashes on many computers in our office.  But it works fine on 2013.  Is there a workaround for 2012 users?

I will send file and video in private mail to Artur. 

Tony

Tony,

I have noticed that the file you sent has been saved in Robot 2013. Please mind that there is no compatibility between file formats in Robot which means that the files saved in newer versions are not intended to be opened and worked with in older ones. This is not supported operation. In your case the file you sent was created in Robot 2013 but then edited and saved in Robot 2013. The attempt to work with it in Robot 2012 again may result in the kind of the problem you described. Please make sure you use the same or higher version of Robot while working with rtd files.

file version.PNG

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8

Artur,

I have caused the crash again and sent through the error report with my comments and my email. 

Thanks,

Tony

Message 6 of 8

Tony,

I have searched the reports we have received using your email as the filter but I'm not able to find any. Could you tell me if the crash was observed in Robot v.2013 or again in Robot v.2012 while working with Robot v/2013 file?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8

If i use 2013 there is no crash.  

If I use 2012 there is a crash.  I tried deleting Windows / Temp but no change.  

The file came from a user who only has 2012 on his machine.  He is also getting the same crash, even before he sent me his file to look at.  So I do not think the crash is being caused by the file being opened in 2013.  

Tony

Message 8 of 8

Send me this file and indicate which beam to import to the Rc design module please. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums