Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
405 Views, 3 Replies

RC deflections

Can Robot determine the cracked moment of inertia( second moment of area) of a reinforced concrete section in particular a flat slab. Taking into account the reinforcement and tensile strength of the concrete

I appreciate that this would require several interations in order to produce the correct results.

Does it take into account tension stiffening?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Pease check the stiffness update method (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/elastic-and-nonelastic-slab-deflection-verif...

The number of iterations is limited to one. The values of the reduction of stifness (inertia) are shown both as maps or in the reinforcement table.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4

Dear Artur,

You confused the question which was being asked with a completely different subject.

I am now trying to compare long term deflections calculations between Robot and another program and I would also want to know if Robot takes under consideration the effect of tension stiffening - in plate and beam elements. In the other program I can either use, or disable this effect.

Tension stiffening is in short the consideration of help of pure concrete between the cracks in an element subjected to bending. Basically the concrete between cracks helps the steel rebars in bearing the tension forces. The resulting deflections of an element are hence smaller - would that effect not be considered.

At this point, I am pretty sure that Robot doesn't consider this effect at all, but I want to confirm it.

EDIT: grammar 🙂

Message 4 of 4

Hi @maciej.zielinski

This effect is disregarded in the RC design modules. It can be taken into account only at the static analysis of a model.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report