Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC Column Design Warning

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
chrismcc
682 Views, 8 Replies

RC Column Design Warning

Hello,

I am trying to design columns and have received this error - see image attached.  How do I resolve this error?

Thank youy for any assistance.

Regards

Chris

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
HoshangMustafa
in reply to: chrismcc
Message 3 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski

Depending if you defined your loads in a model and then imported them or you created loads in  the RC Design module stand alone check case labels and make sure that they are different for different load cases.

identical case labels.png

identical case labels 1.png

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 9
chrismcc
in reply to: HoshangMustafa

Hello,
Thank you for the reply. I had seen that one on the forum.  The error message i receive is about nature and subnature.  I don't know where to look to resolve the problem.
Thanks
Chris

Sent from Samsung Mobile
Message 5 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Chris,

Try to edit (re-type as different) the names in the Label column of the Loads table (in the model) or in the Case column of the Loads table in the RC Column design module as shown on the pictures I attached to my previous answer. If you have problems with making this change attach the rtd file and indicate the column you have this problem for. 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 9
chrismcc
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hello Artur,
That sounds like what has probably happened.  Where do I look to resolve the problem?
When I open the design module I do see a screen about manual combinations and simple loads.  Is this where I should be looking?
The load combinations are already defined in my model, so I am not sure where it is going wrong.
Regards
Chris

Sent from Samsung Mobile
Message 7 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski

Being in the model open the loads table and display simple load cases. Switch to the Cases tab and check the Label column. Make sure that each load case has got an unique label.  This is the first picture of the two I inserted previously.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 9
chrismcc
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you Artur,

I couldn't see any problems.  However, what I have found is that if I select ONE column from the geometry, screenCapture1.PNG

I can design each column one at a time.  It is quite slow, but it works with no errors.

If I select more than one column, either my computer hangs, or I get the nature/subnature warning.

Regards

Chris

Message 9 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski

Attach the file and describe steps to follow to have the error displayed. I'll try to follow them to see what the possible reason could be.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report