Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC Beam module – calculation error

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Участник
1019 Views, 16 Replies

RC Beam module – calculation error

Dear support!

I failed to design RC Beam through standalone module.
I do not quite understand what this error means ‘Insufficient bottom reinforcement area near the edge support’.
Appreciate your help!

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

There is no main reinforcement in the beam. I have calculated it again to have the main bars distributed in the beam.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 17

Thank you!
It seems that the reason why I have no main reinforcement in the beam is because Robot can not read ‘barlib7_iso.xml’.
I located file in Program Data\Autodesk\Structural\Common Data\2012\Data\Reinf. Why the path is missing?

Message 4 of 17

Do you have this warning displayed when you try to calculate the beam?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 17

No.
I saw this warning for the first time immediately after opening your file with the results.

Message 6 of 17

Please open your original file. In Job Preferences add the bar database you want to use and mark it as default. Calculate the beam - is it ok?

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 17

Still the same. Even tried to add another reinforcement database.
The warning about ‘barlib7_iso.xml’ appears after opening the file, not during the calculation.

Message 8 of 17

I understand that you have the warning when you open my file but from what you wrote I assume that you hadn't have it working with your original file therefore I wanted you to open the file you had created (the one you attached on the forum) and calculate it after declaring the reinforcement database. The ultimate goal is to have the main reinforcement generated. Could you try to do this please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 17

I tried with the original file (not the one you have calculated).

When I start the beam from the scratch I do not have any warnings during the parameters input, however after calculation I receive ‘insufficient reinforcement error’.

I save file and reopen then the warning about ‘*.xml’ appears.

Message 10 of 17

Could you open your file and make a similar screen capture from Job Preferences (with list of reinforcement bar database declared) to the one I posted please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 17

Message 12 of 17

Please select the EN database and press the V icon above. Press OK. Calculate the beam - do you have the same issue with generation of the main bars?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 13 of 17

The same issue with any default reinforcement database.

Message 14 of 17

I'm sorry to ask again but could you make two more tests please?

1. Are main bars generated when you use standard settings?

2. Are they generated for a rectangular beam?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 15 of 17

Sorry to admit but ‘*.xml’ warning message popped up just after I pressed ‘Reinforcement pattern’ icon.

Is it possible to reassign missing path to ‘*.xml’ file without reinstalling the program?

Message 16 of 17

Please try to register syspath.dll

regsvr32 "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Structural\COM\2012\syspaths.dll"

or

regsvr32 "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Structural\COM\2012\x64\syspaths.dll"

Please make sure you run Command Prompt as admin (available under RMB)

Artur Kosakowski
Message 17 of 17

It worked!

Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report