Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ratio of loads: Long-term to variable Creep coefficients

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
esuffk
729 Views, 3 Replies

Ratio of loads: Long-term to variable Creep coefficients

Hi,

Looking at the SLS paremeters for slab analysis.  I have a few questions.  I am used to utilising SAFE for deflection analysis of my flat slabs; however I am intrigued about the capability of ROBOT to offer a complete design solution. 

I note that in the BS8110 reinforcement parameters a "ratio of loads:long-term to varaible" value can be edited. 

Is there any way of assigning the long term/short term to a specific load?  and also is there a mothod of attributing a certain percentage of a certain loading case to long term or short term laoding parameters.  I.e. could I attribute 20% live as long term sustained loading and 80% to instantaneous short term loading? 

Many Thanks,

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: esuffk

See below

bs8110.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
esuffk

Presumably, if I set 30% of load to be be long term sustained then this will result in all of the loading in the SLS combination being treated as long term?

Do I need to manually go through my unfactored loads and calculate how much of it needs to be long term?  What happens is I am to expect some long term live in one area an not another? 

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda

esuffk wrote:

Presumably, if I set 30% of load to be be long term sustained then this will result in all of the loading in the SLS combination being treated as long term?

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSA/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesROBOT/GUID-B7AE54EB-BB4F-4DC9-97C4-79AA213...

You can also determine the ratio of variable loads to long-term loads.

Variable loads may be divided into short-term and long-term loads. The long-term to variable coefficient specified in the Ratio of loads is used to split variable loads into a short-term part and a long-term part according to the following formula.

variable load = (1 - c) * variable load + c * variable load = short-term load + long-term load,

where c is a coefficient of the participation of long-term loads in variable loads.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report