Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17
MUHANNAD.ABU_ABDO
602 Views, 16 Replies

Raft

how i can apply the load of core load " axial load on the raft " as in the pic ??

RAFT.jpg

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Structural Design Engineer
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

What do you mean by "how" ?

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 17

http://www.filemail.com/d/ucnqmiscfaakhed

Look at this .. i want to show results and is the linear load right way to apply load of core wall

the second question when the define elastic foundation coff. the shape of raft not reactangular ( i can't define it as A*B)

AND how what about estimate load of foundation .. is this necessary or i can ignore it

thanks in advance eng.rafal

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 4 of 17

Look at this .. i want to show results and is the linear load right way to apply load of core wall

Right way

the second question when the define elastic foundation coff. the shape of raft not reactangular ( i can't define it as A*B)

AND how what about estimate load of foundation .. is this necessary or i can ignore it

You can type there the value you have, you have calculated . It is not necessary to calculate  \ esimate it  by Robot.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 17

so the modeling is correct ? what about the results and how to know the raft thickness is adquate or not ?

there's no way to export results of reinforcement area and punching shear, moment distribution  ? all these data ?

if it's not necessary . and ignore A*B .. how i can calculte KZ ???

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 6 of 17

so the modeling is correct ?

Think so.

what about the results and how to know the raft thickness is adquate or not ?

Check it.

there's no way to export results of reinforcement area and punching shear, moment distribution  ? all these data ?

???????????

if it's not necessary . and ignore A*B .. how i can calculte KZ ???

Either in Robot with this tools or by your own.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 17

okay thanks .. i will calculate it 120*qall .. how i check raft thickness ?  i know i distrubed you .. sorry

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 8 of 17

Check stresses, reinforcement

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 17
Tuctas
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

"Check stresses, reinforcement" as well as soil reactions. Are we able to make also verification against punching ? (as it is a quite critical issue in raft foundation..)
Message 10 of 17
MUHANNAD.ABU_ABDO
in reply to: Tuctas

i know all o this theoretical issues .. i want to see how by robot to match with what i know if i wrong or right

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 11 of 17
Tuctas

My question still exists: "Are we able to make a verification against punching? (as it is a quite critical issue in raft foundation..).
Message 12 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda

Yes, possible.

raftpunching.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 13 of 17
Tuctas
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

O.k, Thanks
Message 14 of 17

Hi rafal .. i want to take strips in each direction for raft to find moments .. my question is when i arrange the strips between centers of columns .. some due to the columns is not in the same line .. i cut the strip some where in the raft . but when i do it with robot it's complete the strip without cut the strip where i want .. how i can do it ?

this pic illustrates

raft 1.jpg

Thanks in advance

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 15 of 17

Robot doesn't use the strip method for calculations slabs (raft foundations). What you can do is to try to use panel cuts results e.g. in the following way.

1. On the top view of the raft foundation draw the lines that represent the strips (let me assume that the width of the particular strip in a given location of the raft foundation is x).

2. Define e.g. 3 cuts parallel to the direction of the strip:

- one in the middle of the strip (at x/2 from its edge)

- one at 1/6x from the left edge

- one at 1/6x from the right edge

3. Display bending moment diagrams along these cuts (mind that the values are displayed per unit width so you need to multiply them by x/3)

4. Average the values

The more parallel cuts you make the more accurate results are going to be.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 16 of 17

Sorry but i don't understand .. can you show me a short movie ? if you want

Thanks in advance

Muhannad M.Abu Abdo
Message 17 of 17

See the atatched picture.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report