Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154)"

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
mail2mr1
3643 Views, 11 Replies

"System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154)"

When I try to make a section selection from the database by opening database sections to get properties by using menu items.. geometry..properties..sections, I receive the following error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {5C257DA9-418F-11DF-BDA4-002264AF06AC} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

Entering "continue" does not help.

Can anyone help me?

Bill

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: mail2mr1

Could you make the screen capture that illustrate this situation please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 12
dimogrec
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I' m having the same issue with RSA2012 pro 64bit. I also have RSA _pro 2011 32bit installed and i don't have this problem.  I'm running Win7 64bit. In the attachment you'll find a screen capture and a text file with the error details

Message 4 of 12
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: dimogrec

Please download and install the indicated updates from http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=13140816

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 12
dimogrec
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

thanks. It worked

Message 6 of 12

Hi @Artur.Kosakowski,

I am getting the same error as shown in the screenshot. I am using RSA 2015. I get this error while I run my script in Release mode, but in Debug mode, there is no error and it runs smoothly. I am trying to extract results of a ROBOT analysis through a C# code

Message 7 of 12
rhlkochar
in reply to: rhlkochar

@Rafal.Gaweda Your inputs would be most welcome

Message 8 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda

Message 9 of 12
rhlkochar
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi @Rafal.Gaweda,

I went through the thread you linked me to, but I couldn't quite understand what you meant. Could you please elaborate? Thanks 🙂

Message 10 of 12
rhlkochar

Hi @Rafal.Gaweda, The curious thing is other parts of the code- model creation, meshing , application of loads, etc work smoothly. This error is thrown only when I try to perform extraction of results. I can't seem to figure out why

Message 11 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda

Hi @rhlkochar

I meant posts 8 and 11.

BTW if You are extracting results via queryparams keep in mind that queryparams are only 64bit and therefore addin should be 64bit.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 12 of 12
rhlkochar
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi @Rafal.Gaweda, Works like a charm! Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report