Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
861 Views, 5 Replies

pushover analysis

Hi Every body!

How can i do a pushover analysis to understand how collapse my concrete structure with robot ?!

thanks!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
StefanoPasquini6790
in reply to: Anonymous

It's not easy to do like a lot of other software.

First of all you have to define your "non linear hinges" and apply it in the beams (and also in the columns). To define a non linear hinge you have to know the real reinfotcement of the beam in that place and know the real material property ( stell and concrete stress limit, evaluated by tests on site, as required by cap. 8.4 of the italian NTC2008). To build your own non linear hinge you can make an excel spreadsheet or download the free software VCASLU of prof. Gelfi, define the section properties and built the curve to load in the non linear hinges definitions. You have to define one non linear hinge for each different beam present in the structure.

Once you define the model, you have to set the limit of the investigation point to stop the push over analysis. Usually is used one point in the roof top of the structure.

Now you can run the analysis and then build the capacity curve of your structure.

I suggest you, before run a push over analysis on a real structure, do an exercise model made by three stories and two spans in X and Y direction.

I'm creating my own excel spreadsheet to define non linear hinge and to calculate target displacement, for all the push over data required, according to NTC2008 and Eurocode, but it's more then one year that I've started and I've always less time to dedicate it. I'm sorry but I don't know when can I finish and share my spreadsheet.

I also read in the adsk IDEA STATION some suggestion to autodesk to improve the push over analysis, we hope for the future release.

Differently from many other software, where push over is all automatized, with robot you can really understand the difficult of this kind of analysis and the importance of the parameters that influence it.

You need to have a lot of patience

Good luck and let me know your steps.

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 3 of 6

Hi, i am in the process of carrying out pushover analysis for a RC structure and i have been reading some posts in the forum and just realised that there is no automation in robot regarding pushover analysis. One friend of mine uses another software that does everything automatically and i beleived that Robot would have similar features, unfortunately i was wrong. My question now is, has there been any improvement? 

Message 4 of 6

I'm using Robot for about 8 years now, I would say there's no improvement at all in the Pushover analysis. It's a pity because it is a very good method for existing structures.

The link of the idea station mentioned by Stefano is this http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/push-over/idi-p/3743925

Message 5 of 6

No improvement for 8 years? wow thats really bad, they need to hire more people.

Message 6 of 6
Μηχανικος
in reply to: Anonymous

any improvements in pushover analysis????

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report