Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Punching shear check

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3280 Views, 5 Replies

Punching shear check

I've asked this before but am still a little unsure. I'm doing a hand calculation for punching shear on a flat slab. I require the shear force at a support, only I need the shear force at the column edge (on its perimeter).

I have defined the support as a circular column applied at a particular node. The shear force at that node is very small but the shear force at a node away from the column is particularly high. What is the best way for me to get the shear force at the column perimeter? I presume this is what I require. 

I've attached an image of the structure with the shear force results map if that helps to visualise the problem.

Thanks again!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

I think the better approach is to check the value of forces in the support (column) and the difference in values of bending moments at the opposite sides of it.

See also: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Rc-slab-Punching-verification-by-maps-and-rc...

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

so the total shear force for shear punching at a column would be:

(Shear force at column centre) + (moment divided by distance from application to column centre)?

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

ACI approach.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6

greetings Mr Artur 

is there is still a need to do what you have described in this thread  in RSA 2015 

specifically talking about getting the correct punching shear stresses  

or  already in RSA5 "punching" from "plate and shell reinforcement "include the unbalanced moment in  shear calculation 

thank you very much 

moustafa elgaar
Message 6 of 6

It is included in the punching verification done in the RC Slab Provided reinforcement module. 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report