Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

punching capacity of slab without shear reinforcement

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
CKDDIZ
915 Views, 6 Replies

punching capacity of slab without shear reinforcement

Hi,

Verification problem 2 - punching capacity of slab without shear reinf. cant get the right results.

In verification problem 1 - everything was ok.

I tried to apply the forces in the node from a node with rigid links to column placement - get get the right results still.

Can u please help me what am I doing wrong?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: CKDDIZ

You have different RC code used in your model. I'm attaching the modified file.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7
CKDDIZ

Thank you,

if I understand correctly,

the model was OK, but the code was set to user.

For calculating shear resistance Finnish code SFS-En 1992-1-1 must be used?

Thanx again

Message 4 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

the model was OK,

Correct

but the code was set to user.

EN 1992-1-1:2004 AC:2008

For calculating shear resistance Finnish code SFS-En 1992-1-1 must be used?

You can use different code but in such case the slab punching capacity may be different that the one from the reference example which is calculated for SFS-EN 1992-1-1

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7

Hi I downloaded the Robot model which Artur provided and tried to run it on my machine but I get a different punching shear result,  as shown below. It appears that the deadload from the slab (4mx4mx0.24x24.5 = 94kN) is being added to the 192kN point load. Why is the punching now calculated for 286kN? Is the rigid membrane still working correctly? I have attached the Robot model.

punching shear.jpg

Message 6 of 7
Jon_wardrop
in reply to: Jon_wardrop

I think my problem above may be an example of ROBOT seeming to remember previoulsy calculated values and when you think you have re-run the design, you haven't and ROBOT is just presenting the values it previously calculated! 

Whenever I am trying to learn something new in ROBOT this becomes an annoying problem.  I find that to resolve it you need to play around with the model (i.e change some input, re-run the anlysis and then change the input back to original and then re-run).  

Is there any way to "purge " previous results, so ROBOT stops showing old values as results?

Regards,

Jon

Message 7 of 7

Try to select save without results file type and give the file a new name.

BTW: Does the following complain sound familiar?  "I have calculated all my project and now I want to make small change to a tiny part of it but I don't want to lose my results that are not going to be influenced by this change" Smiley Wink

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report