Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provided Reinforcement - Rc Column

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
RRufino
1404 Views, 12 Replies

Provided Reinforcement - Rc Column

Hello All,

I'm exploring this feature and i'm struggling with the following:

1) Environment class on "column-note" do not correspond from selected from "story parameters" (see green balloons)

2) Consistence shown on "column-note" wasn't defined by me anywhere (where can i change it?) (see red balloon)

3) Column height is always as definined on "column geometry" , is there a way to ARSA2014 automatically recognize bar heigh on calculation model? (see yellow balloon)

Thanks in advance,

RR

p.s.:

- ARSA2014 (27.0.5.4679 (x64))

- Using EN1992-1-1:2004 AC:2008

capture-20140407-142112.png

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: RRufino

Could you atatch the rtd file?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 13
RRufino
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Please find it in attachment,

Message 4 of 13
Artur.Kosakowski

1) Environment class on "column-note" do not correspond from selected from "story parameters" (see green balloons)

2) Consistence shown on "column-note" wasn't defined by me anywhere (where can i change it?) (see red balloon)

Both seem to be caused by some issue in your Job Preferences - the note is from the older version of EC2. If you could tell us what were your steps while working with this model we could try to see if it is possible to prevent such situation from happening. The solution is illustrated on the attached picture. In short you should delete the columns form the RC Column Design module, 'reinitialize' Job Preferences and import columns again.

3) Column height is always as definined on "column geometry" , is there a way to ARSA2014 automatically recognize bar heigh on calculation model? (see yellow balloon)

I'm not sure if I understand this point correctly. In fact it is done and the column height is recognized based on the distance between the top and bottom nodes of the column as defined in the model.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 13
RRufino

Good Morning Artur,

Step by step example: http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c2fQQfnOt8

'Reinitializing' Job Preferences makes it ok, but on Load Case Code Combinations shows National Version: NP EN 1990:2009, no problem right?

Regarding:

"RRufino: 3) Column height is always as definined on "column geometry" , is there a way to ARSA2014 automatically recognize bar heigh on calculation model? (see yellow balloon)

Artur: I'm not sure if I understand this point correctly. In fact it is done and the column height is recognized based on the distance between the top and bottom nodes of the column as defined in the model."

Please see on video that column height (on model) is 3,0m and on RC Design shows 3,15m (Column Height + Beam Height/2)...that seems me not so right.

Message 6 of 13
Artur.Kosakowski

1. Do you have the same issue with the calculation note when you start a new model after setting the Eurocode regional settings in Preferences? 

2. The code combination regulation (e.g. the default one for Portuguese regional settings) can be changed in Job Preferences

3. Could you attach the rtd from the movie please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 13
RRufino

1. Do you have the same issue with the calculation note when you start a new model after setting the Eurocode regional settings in Preferences? 

No, indeed.

3. Could you attach the rtd from the movie please?

Please see 2 attachements (before and after reseting Job Preferences).

Message 8 of 13
Artur.Kosakowski

1. You  may try to rename your CfgUsr folder and check again starting a new project with Portugal set as the regional settings in Preferences

2. The height is assumed as the distance from the top of the bottom beam to the top of the top beam which I think is reasonable for looking from the reinforcement distribution point of view. On the other hand the reference for the buckling length is (unless changed by a user) the distance between the top and bottom nodes and by default is assumed as defined for in the parameters assigned to the element in the model.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 13
RRufino

Thanks Artur,

Is there a way to ARSA perform automatic update on RC elements (at RC Design tab)  when i change Member Type settings on model?

Message 10 of 13
Artur.Kosakowski

RC update2.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 13
RRufino

I found that previuosly 😉 but i'm asking without need to remember that i've to click there.

Message 12 of 13
FilRib

Hi, 

I'm exploring the RC design modules too and i have a question related with concrete stress verification.

Following EC2, concrete stress should be under:

- 0.45 fck (Quasi-Permanent Combinations)

- 0.60 fck (Characteristic Combinations)-

In RSA RC Columns Results this verification is made with the limit 0.45 fck but for Characteristic Combinations. Please see attached the following picture (EN 1992 text and part of RSA RC Column Result):

I also attach the .rtd file

Thanks in advance

Filipe

Message 13 of 13
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: FilRib

Corrected in Robot 2015

stress limit 2015.png

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report