Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provided Reinforcement design for divided column

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
stroxy
627 Views, 7 Replies

Provided Reinforcement design for divided column

How does one design a column which has been divided into two (or more) columns in the analysis module (because of connecting beams mid-height in column, or column spanning multiple stories)  in the RC design module.  

I assume you can take a section and input the real length of the column in the buckling analysis but how does one factor in columns end moments, etc.??

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: stroxy

You have to divide such column into parts.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 8
stroxy
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

So if I have say a 6m column divided into 2 parts for analysis.  In designing the column I will design both parts as separate columns and enter efffective length  factor * 6m as the buckling length for each part ?

Message 4 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

So if I have say a 6m column divided into 2 parts for analysis.  In designing the column I will design both parts as separate columns and enter efffective length  factor * 6m as the buckling length for each part ?

Decision is yours but IMHO if you are talking about right hand side case (below) I would suggest to use 3m as column length. Left => 6m.

bucklingcol.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 8
stroxy

Thanks Was talking about LHS case

Message 6 of 8
stroxy

How did you get buckling shapes to show?

Message 7 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

FEM Buckling analysis

modedispl.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 8
stroxy

Thanks once again!!Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report