Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proplem with Minimum area of steel for Rib beam

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
abduallahadi
876 Views, 4 Replies

proplem with Minimum area of steel for Rib beam

Greeting
i have been analyzing this one way ribbed slab in robot structure and when i go to design of ribs in the RC design , a huge value for the required As = 5.02 cm^2 (4T14)  appears instead of 2.2 cm^2  (2T12) for the negtaive moment
but when  i browse the theortical abmin diagram of the rib it shows strang value that shown below in the self-explain picture 
i think this is incorrect , so please help how i can fix this ?

5.png
2.png

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
abduallahadi
in reply to: abduallahadi

this RSA files :

Message 3 of 5

Thank you for notifying us about this situation. The difference is due to the value of bw in the formula:

(10-3)  Asmin = 3*sqrt(Fcd[PSI])/Fyd[PSI] * bw*d, not less Asmin = 200/Fyd[PSI] * bw*d 

For a T beam with the flange under compression bw should be min (flange width or 2* thickness of web). Currently Robot incorrectly always takes the width of the flange. 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 5

thank you for your care
There is another thing you have to take into consideration , that is (bw)  will be taken as 2*bw or beff which is smaller only in the case of statically determinate member and the continuous beam is statically indeterminate then this rule is not applicable according to ACI -318R -08 am i right ?
i wish you make an update for this problem that so i can download it because currently i am preparing my graduation  project .
a picture is enclosed form the ACI
code.png

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5

For a T beam with the flange under compression bw should be min (flange width or 2* thickness of web). Currently Robot incorrectly always takes the width of the flange. 

Corrected in SP3 for Robot 2015.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report