Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Database - How to add / edit / remove profiles from existing databases?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
mam
Contributor
6292 Views, 13 Replies

Profile Database - How to add / edit / remove profiles from existing databases?

Hello.

I am wondering how can I add / remove / edit profiles from existing profile databases?

Martin

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
tony.ridley
in reply to: mam

See PDF

Message 3 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda

Also look at Tools menu \ Section Database viewer.

Removing: select record (row) in table part, press Del key on keyboard.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 14
mam
Contributor
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

tony.ridley: Thx for nice explonation. I am aware of this posibility, but it means that I have to draw each section by my self.

RG_Adsk: I already checked that and it doesn't work. I can't even copy sestions from one database to another, as it is described in Help. 

I tried to creat a new line in existing databae, but there is no empty row at the end og the section databse table. Maybe pro.xml files are closed for editing? If the database it open for editing, I get a * (STAR) row at the end of Section Databse table, but it is not possible here. It is probably becouse whoever created databases they are checked: "STANDARD DATABASE" checkbox when they ware creating new databse. Even if I go to propertities and uncheck that box, I don't get * row at the end. I have to check more.

My main problem is that Norwegian profile database (NS34pro.xml) is lacking of CFRS profiles from 350x350 and up, so I thought I can add them my self. but without success. What I really want to have is leatest Steel profile databse according to Eurocodes like EN 10219-2, EN10210-2 and so on.

I am beta tester for Robot 2013 and the databases there are the same as in Robot 2012.

Message 5 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda

There are some databases created on different templates so copying section between them may not be possible.

Do it this way: 

- copy NS database onto new user file name, open it in Section Database Viewer, change Properties, name description etc, uncheck standard, remove contents if required.

- put it to   C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Structural\Common Data\2012\

- open it in robot Job Preferences

Then you can copy sections between NS database and this one newly created one by Section Database viewer

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 14
mam
Contributor
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thx Rafal. I will try to do so.

BTW. Dziekuje.

Message 7 of 14

Good afternoon,

I'm having the same problem. I'm working with RSA 2013 with service pack 3.
I tried to follow his recommendation, but did not work.Smiley Sad

When I transfer copying a database to another, gets frozen. does not make a copy.

I made copies otherwise it worked. Smiley Very Happy Copy a table to excel, deleted the columns "False", and returned to copy the new database. It worked.
I wonder why does not work the way recommended by Autodesk? Paste directly between the two database.

Thank you,

Jonatas

Message 8 of 14

Which database have you tried to copy from and where have you tried to paste the section?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 14
jonatas.decampos

I used the AISCpro copying to a new database (for a test). I tried with others too, but it did not work. See attached image.
Please, I need an urgent solution. For I have two databases that were made by "Section Definition" and now must join in a single database.

Thank you,

Message 10 of 14

So the situation is that you have two user section databases and you want to copy sections from one of them to another. Am I correct?

Could you send me these databases and tell which should be the 'merged' one?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 14
jonatas.decampos

Could you send me your email? I do not have permission to release the file here.

tks!

Message 12 of 14
Mikkel.A-F

Hi, sorry for opening an old post like this, but I have a very related question.

Is there a simple way to overwrite/delete a uderdefined section fro Ruserpro?

It is a common problem for me that I discover a problem with a a userdefined section, and wish to correct this. However I cannot overwrite the section with my corrections. I can save it with another name - but usually this will disrupt the system in the naming of userdefined profiles in that model.

Hope there is an easy way.

Message 13 of 14
Mikkel.A-F
in reply to: Mikkel.A-F

I tried Rafal Gawedas way:

"03-25-2012 11:41 PM in reply to: mam

Also look at Tools menu \ Section Database viewer.

Removing: select record (row) in table part, press Del key on keyboard."

but the sections does not appear on the list.

Message 14 of 14
Mikkel.A-F
in reply to: Mikkel.A-F

Oh, sorry again, found the answer in a different forum.

While the standard Databases, which I would not want to alter, is placed in an accessible folder, the user defined database is placed in a folder which is normally hidden. Would be nice if the "real" user profile database by default was placed with the other databases.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report