Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with saving results

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Wioletta_F
747 Views, 9 Replies

Problems with saving results

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems with saving results. It's RC flat slab and after running the analysis, checking deflections for required reinforcement I then define the provided reinforcement and re-run deflection calculations. After doing that I save the file. Most of the time after re-opening the file there are no results for provided reinforcement. That means I have to define column strips etc all over again and run calculations. Next time I open the file - no results again. I tried using 'save as' options, also used Robot 2013 instead of 2014. Nothing works. Please advise.

Regards, Wioletta 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Could you send me the sample file and the step by step description of actions to follow please? Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10

Hi Artur.

Apologies for late reply but things have been very busy recently, partially because I kept 'loosing' my results.

The attached is one of the files affected. The sequence is: I open the file run calcs, provide reinforcement accordingly - run verification for deflection results, save the results under new file name, close the file. The next time I open it - no provided reinforcement or results, but there are results for required reinforcement not always though. So I start again... and then again...

Luckily somehow I managed to save couple of files with the results but I didn't do anything different with these. Same sequence.

I also had my Robot reinstalled.

It's a first time I'm having this kind of problem with Robot.

I hope the above makes sense.

Regards, Wioletta

Message 4 of 10
Wioletta_F
in reply to: Wioletta_F

I canot attach the file. Zip file is not going through and not zipped is to large (saved under no results option)...

Is there any other way I could send it to  you?

Wioletta

Message 5 of 10

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Sending-bigger-files/td-p/3795062

Please add step by step description of actions to follow to reproduce this situation. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 10

I have changed the zipping settings (from 7zip to zip). Please find attached.

The sequence as described above.

Message 7 of 10

Could you attach the file again without % in the name please? Otherwise I'm not able to download it.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 10

Please find attached.

Message 9 of 10

I followed your description and after calculating required and provided reinforcement I launched verification with the stiffness update for COMB 3 being on the Slab provided reinforcement layout for all 4 slabs one by one. Then I saved the file under a new name and closed Robot. After opening the file again I can see that the results are still there. I will send you the file I saved separately as it is too large to be attached to this message.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 10 of 10

Thank you very much for your time.

I repeated the same exercise couple of times and it seems to work. I have no idea what the problem was but I do hope that it won't happen with my next project.

Thanks again.

Regards, Wioletta

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report