Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with "Import of reactions to new model" addin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
336 Views, 3 Replies

Problem with "Import of reactions to new model" addin

Yesterday I decided to try the "Import of reactions to new model" addin and twice (with absolutely different models) received a very strange results - leading to inappropriate (not exact load sign) loading in the new model with slab. Below i have showed the screens from my second experiment, with differences in the support reactions and loads between the original(with bars) and the new model (with slab only).

I have used forcesimport.zip, and my model is modified like it was explained in the above mentoined post - a lot of short and very rigid bars, below shell elements. But exactly in these short elements load sign is not OK in the new model (with slab only).

supports 1.JPG

this is the model with short bars all reactions values are positive. This mean that in the new model all should be negative. But .........

supports 2.JPG

As you can see in the new model with slab only one reaction is with negative value all others are with positive value. Any explanation why and probably what am i doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tony.ridley
in reply to: Anonymous

maybe windows XP?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Only for the one model, that I run at home, for testing. In the other case machine is with  win7. But why you think that win XP can cause such a problem ? In both cases excel is 2010.

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda

Both robot files please.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report