Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with object counting (API)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ngaspar
330 Views, 3 Replies

Problem with object counting (API)

Hi.
I've been developing an API for RSA on which i happen to need the exact number of panels(openings and geometrical objects included). Therefore, after some tests, I figured out it can be done by requesting the count of all objects, deducting the amount of bars and backgrounds.
Although it used to work pretty fine, I've been testing a new model now (fairly heavier than the previous) and the amount of objects measured by the API is bigger (by 1) than the amount of objects that I really have (counting through the Inspector Dialog). I've also tried running the model in Repair Mode, no changes.
I think it must be some kind of bug coming from trash due to a large amount of changes, undos, redos, etc...
Can anyone confirm this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: ngaspar
Message 3 of 4
ngaspar
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi. First of all, thanks for your answer and sorry about the long time, I've been very busy.
Well, I finallygot time to try your method (through the object selection scheme, excluding the bars) and surprisingly, when I check the Count output, it gives me the very same result that it would by my "method". In this case, it returns 1105 objects, which would be 1103 panels + 1 background + 1 some other thing that I can't get rid of... I've trying "purging" the model through the "repair mode", the problem remains still. Besides all that appears listed in the Inspector Dialog, can an object be something else?

Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 4
ngaspar
in reply to: ngaspar

for the repost. I found it. I tried making the selection and then excluding Panels, Openings and Backgrounds, it appears like it returned a buggy object which didn't show at the inspector dialog but that I've managed to delete. It all works as it should now. It's a bug worth looking tho, it seems like i have to make a "cleanup" button. Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report