Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with modal analysis

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
StructuralSilver55
1389 Views, 5 Replies

Problem with modal analysis

Hi! 

I continued building my model (attached), but when I try to run the modal analysis to apply sismical spectrum, RSA gives me the next problem : 3060 execution error . I have one advice about instabilities during the analysis, I have tried to solve them dividing the mesh.. re-meshing the place where I have the problematic node... but the problem continues and every time is a different node!

I've been trying to solve this problem for a long time, and I don't know why a node in the middle of a mesh gives a instability problem.Smiley Sad

Thank your very much for your help.

Click here to obtain model.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Use Skyline solver

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6

Thank you very much Rafal, but i continue havin inestability problems, how can I solve them? 

¿Why changing the solver the analysis run? Could your explain it?

Thank you!

Message 4 of 6

I continue having problems with the model, when I try to print strenghs in the walls (in global Z direction, MPa), they are not very logical, i can see tensions in some parts of the walls (they are not very logical because I used linear relases for all rotations between walls and horizontal shells) . 

Could you help me with this?

Thank you very much!

Message 5 of 6
athurD
in reply to: StructuralSilver55

for you.

2013-10-02_0817.png

Message 6 of 6

But there are no supports in XY direction in your model.

Try my file, you can use any solver you want

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report