Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in RC beam design

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
abduallahadi
328 Views, 5 Replies

Problem in RC beam design

Hello
I used robot 2012 to find the required reinforcement for a simple beam 80 * 25 cm and length of 5m , but when I did the calculation in the program , it give me so much reinforcement bar i don't know where they come ! , the required reinforcement should be (by selecting T 16 ) 8 bars
here is a picture of the output of the robot
so please help me to do it right.
reinf..png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Check the value of obtained bending moment and compare it with the value you expected. If they are different check the applied loads and generated load combinations.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6

the bending moment is true and the program really give me the right reinforcement bar (shown in the picture) but when i go to " Provided reinforcement of RC element", the strange result appearsreinofre.png

Message 4 of 6

Attach the rtd file please.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6

the problem was because of option (tide all ) i fix it
but the program give me too much shear reinforcement , according to my manual calculation it should be 1 stirrups at 9 cm just  ,
see this the file attached
thanks a lot.

Message 6 of 6

shear reinf pattern.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report