Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in load combination

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ankit.khandelwal
439 Views, 1 Reply

Problem in load combination

I am using ROBOT for modelling a cut and cover tunnel section. The whole structure is modeled such that, It is free to move in +Z direction. However, the combination of loads is such that, it creates a net load on section in -Z direction. when I am individually applying the load( then finally using them to create combination), one of the load is such that it creates a net load in +Z direction, and hence creating instability in the solution. So I just want to ask whether there exist any method in ROBOT( as in the case of STAAD we have Repeat Load Command), which analyze a set of loading conditions as though they act concurrently instead of just  combining (in a variety of possible ways) the results that were obtained from the independent analysis of the constituent load cases .

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

If your model contains some uplift supports or releases (free to move in Z+) the analysis in Robot is non-linear. Also any combinations defined in Robot are in such case non-linear so they are directly calculated using loads from load cases composing them .

If some simple load cases, composing these combinations, contain loads which do not act independently and  cause instabilities, it is possible to define such load cases as Auxiliary load cases - see below. In such situation such load case is not calculated - but it is used as component of combinations.

aux1.PNG

If this post answer your question please click "Accept as Solution".
It will help everyone to find answer more quickly!

Best regards,

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums