Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem assigning sections

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
murilo_s
521 Views, 9 Replies

Problem assigning sections

Hi! 

I am modeling a bridge using beam sections that I created in the "Section Definition" menu. Sometimes it works fine, but most of the times, after I run the calculations the bars lose their properties, at least in the properties table (image attached) or their properties is changed to the shell proporties used in the same model. But as you can see in the images, the bars seems to be ok. I don't know what to do about that, because even if I try to change the properties again manually, it changes again when I run the calculations, or sometimes it doesn't change at all.

Even with this problem, my model works fine apparently. But I don't know if I can trust in the results because of that.

I am attaching 3 pictures, one that shows one model ok, after the calculations. One that shows another model not ok. One that shows one beam that lost its properties and I tried to attach one that show another beam in the same model that changed its properties for the shell properties.

Hope I explained well everything and you can help me with that.

Thank you very much!

Murilo

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Rafacascudo
in reply to: murilo_s

Send the model!!

Rafael Medeiros
Robot Structural Analysis

Message 3 of 10
murilo_s
in reply to: Rafacascudo

The model is too big, but here is a link to a google drive folder: 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2h9hlUzaAZeSGg1ajR4Znc1NEE&usp=sharing

Thanks!

Message 4 of 10
Rafacascudo

save with another name and without results and zip it.

This was the model with no problems, right??

Send the one with problems!!

Brasileiro ou Português?

Rafael Medeiros

Message 5 of 10
murilo_s

Brasileiro. Assuming you speak portuguese too, I'm gonna write in portuguese.. If not, I can translate it.

Poisé, ontem quando verifiquei 14 arquivos que eu tinha feito, 12 estavam com aqueles problemas (incluindo esse que enviei na pasta) e 2 estavam certos. Verifiquei agora alguns deles de novo e percebi que alguns nao aparentam mais os erros, enquanto que esse que eu estou enviando agora (que estava certo), está errado.

Então isso ta me confundindo bastante, pois como disse os resultados parecem fazer sentido, mas não tenho certeza se posso confiar totalmente por causa disso. Sem contar que as vezes o programa não faz as modificações das propriedades que eu tento fazer.

Valeu!!

Message 6 of 10
murilo_s

Verifiquei de novo, e apareceu o problema nesse também.

Message 7 of 10
Rafacascudo

Murilo , tambem sou brasileiro. Bem vindo Smiley Happy  , somos poucos aqui!

Parece ser um bug da janelinha "object inspector " . repara nas figuras abaixo que na janela de " object properties "  e tb na tabela " bars"  tá tudo correto pra esses 2 ultimos modelos.

E tb qdo vc seleciona as barras pela seção type 4 ou 5 , todas são selecionadas.

Alem disso ,se na janela grafica vc mandar aparecer a bar description , vai aparecer tudo certinho nas 4 vigas.

É estranho mas Acho que pode ficar tranquilo.

Translating...

Murilo , I´m also brazilian , welcome , We´re just a few here!!

It seems to be a bug on " object inspector " window. Look in the pictures below that the " object properties "  reports the correct bar section. Also in hte bars table ,everything is correct for these 2 models.

Also in the graphic window , bar descriptions assigns the correct name for all bars and also , if you select the bars by cross section ,all bars will be selected.

It´s weird but It should be fine , I think.

propriedade 3.jpgpropriedade 4.jpg

Rafael Medeiros

Message 8 of 10
murilo_s

Rafael, muito obrigado! É um prazer! Infelizmente alguns programas não são muito difundidos no Brasil como em outros países.

Mas voltando ao problema, era o que eu imaginava mesmo.. os resultados fazem sentido, mas esse probleminha faz com que eu tenha um pouco mais de trabalho por não conseguir editar uma seção ou material e verificar se possui algum erro. Mas tudo bem, pelo menos acho que posso confiar no resultado.

Agradeço muito a ajuda mesmo!

Translating:

Rafael, thank you! It's my pleasure. Unfortunately some softwares are not widespread in Brazil like in other countries.

But back to the problem, that was what I imagined. The results make sense, but this problem gives me a little more work because I can't edit a bar section or material and check if there is any mistake. But that's ok, at least I think I can trust in the results.

Relly appreciate your help!

Murilo

Message 9 of 10
felipe.lanna_eng

Boa noite a todos! 

Como é feita a modelagem das vigas com essa seção transversal?

Tenho tentado fazer, mas sem sucesso.

felipelanna_eng_0-1708222345357.png

Message 10 of 10

Tools/Section definition an then Contour/Polygon

Or you  can draw the section in autocad and then File/Import dxf

After the section is built , save it to Ruser database

On main RSA program ,you can import it using New section dialog

Rafael Medeiros

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report