Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prinout Composition doesn't work properly every time

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
M.J.A.Wiersema
400 Views, 4 Replies

Prinout Composition doesn't work properly every time

Dear Autodesk,

I've been working with Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis for over a year. I'm having al lot of difficulty making a proper printout. For instance, pictures are not always the proper size. Taking a picture and printing it sometimes results in different sizes. To show you what I mean, I've attached two files of the same construction to this message. This is very annoying! Is there a way to avoid this?

I've worked with Scia Engineer from Nemetschek as well, and this product has a much more powerful and better working printout compositor. It gives the user the ability to change pictures. For instance, a picture with bending moments is easily changed with just a few clicks. Maybe you guys should check it out and make the printout compositor as strong as the one made by Scia Engineer.

I also have problems using the Load Case Code Combinations. When I push the button for the Editor of code combinations regulations and I open a another file ( I want tot use another Consequence Class in my Eurocode calculation ) with different gamma-factors and save it, Robot uses the old file instead after I let Robot generate the combinations!!! When I open the Editor again the old file is in use!!! This is very annaying as well. What am I doing wrong? What is the proper way to do this?

With kind regards,

M.J.A. Wiersema,

structural engineer

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I've been working with Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis for over a year. I'm having al lot of difficulty making a proper printout. For instance, pictures are not always the proper size. Taking a picture and printing it sometimes results in different sizes. To show you what I mean, I've attached two files of the same construction to this message. This is very annoying! Is there a way to avoid this?

Take a look at attached movie, ovserve graphical window size = ratio of height \ length

http://screencast.com/t/lkgzGjXne

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 5

It gives the user the ability to change pictures

Take a look here, example:  http://screencast.com/t/8QXz8SLReQES
The same you can do with tables

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 5

Thanks in a million! This is what I was looking for... Feeling a bit stupid right now!

My other question... What's the right way to open a new code in the Editor of code regulations?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5

! When I open the Editor again the old file is in use!!! 

There is such issue in Code COmbinations Editor - it does not save rgl file.

It is PLANNED to be corrected in SP3 dor 2013 version.

Workaround:

take the rgl file you want to change, copy it to folder like shown on the left side below (I suggest to change file name + code name to easily distiguish between codes in robot later on) then set it in job preferences - right hand side part below.

rgl.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report