Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plate/shell member's shape configuration

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
saclovitzky
1056 Views, 26 Replies

plate/shell member's shape configuration

Hello,

Is there any command in robot that will change the shape of a wall by means of stretching it( imagine a rectangular wall and you try to move the upper portion only but the lower portion is fixed), the normal way of doing this, is moving/traslating the "nodes" on top and start modelling the walls and you have a slanted wall, but how about if you have rectangular wall and you want to deformed it, moving nodes is not an option(since only nodes will move leaving behind the wall).

Pls. see attched.

Regards,

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27

Ok see attachment

Message 22 of 27

Due to the position of the bottom right corner of the discussed wall try to set larger precision e.g. 2m. Or correct the wall first and use 1 m Smiley Wink

Artur Kosakowski
Message 23 of 27

Hello Artur,

Why the other wall  was left behind?I thought when you tick "whole  structure" everything shift to the desired direction?

REgards

Message 24 of 27
saclovitzky
in reply to: saclovitzky

Hello Artur,

Can you tell me the step by step procedure(I really understand what to do as you've shown me on the screenshot) on moving the upper portion of the box(hoping that all 4 walls will move). But the trouble is, similar problem occured again?How much more If I perform the same procedure to my 20 story model. 

Do I need to highlight the 4 walls to move the upper portion at once?or just simply tick the whole structure?I really tried both of these but the same error occured.

Regards,

Message 25 of 27

No, this option is intended for correcting object that are close to the plane but not exactly on this plane. It should be repeated for each line of  walls that are perpendicular to the direction of the 'tilt' .

On the other hand could you tell me what is the objective of this change? What effect you want to include in your analysis? Perhaps it would be just enough to rotate the model about the edge of the base wall? Or  just use non linear analysis for the 2nd order effect (with additional notional or side load if necessary)? 52mm for 20 story building is just the kind of accuracy that I have difficulty with understanding the need of its use in the model of the structure. IMHO the main principle should be the simplicity of the model itself.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 26 of 27

Hello Arthur,

I agree with you, but we're only just thinking if we can model all the core walls tilting by a certain distance from the top(the idea really was all the floors are posttensioned, which means effectively that these floors will exert compressive force to the walls/cores which tend to move it by  a certain "predicted" distance(so the basis for tilting the walls/core to "offset" it).

In modelling this, as I understand will take me ages to do this, is there any possible way(s) to do this?

Regards,

Message 27 of 27

You can try to apply temperature load to slabs / walls.

tload.PNG

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report