Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plate/shell member's shape configuration

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
saclovitzky
973 Views, 26 Replies

plate/shell member's shape configuration

Hello,

Is there any command in robot that will change the shape of a wall by means of stretching it( imagine a rectangular wall and you try to move the upper portion only but the lower portion is fixed), the normal way of doing this, is moving/traslating the "nodes" on top and start modelling the walls and you have a slanted wall, but how about if you have rectangular wall and you want to deformed it, moving nodes is not an option(since only nodes will move leaving behind the wall).

Pls. see attched.

Regards,

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
Romanich
in reply to: saclovitzky

Hello,

Maybe by editing coordinate of plate?

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 3 of 27

Try with graphical edit.

Select the wall and then locate the corner you want to move. Use zoom and pan for precise selection. Then click with left mouse button on the corner you want to move and drag to a new location.

Message 4 of 27

@sergey.churilov wrote:

Try with graphical edit.

Select the wall and then locate the corner you want to move. Use zoom and pan for precise selection. Then click with left mouse button on the corner you want to move; click on it again and drag to a new location.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 27
saclovitzky
in reply to: saclovitzky

Thanks everybody! But how about if I need a precise location/dimension,ie, 36 mm etc. My twenty story project needs the core walls" tilt" about 52 mm from the top of the 18 th floor(just to give allowance to the effect of posttensioned floors), I am also wondering, if there's a sweeping command that I can used to tilt all the walls that form the core wall in one instant(even the openings will follow as well).

Regards

Message 6 of 27

Please make a sketch of the existing situation the intended change.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 27

Hello Arthur,

The intention is to tilt the whole building 52 mm from the top with respect to base.

See attached.

REgards,

Message 8 of 27

Try to use the detailed correction.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 27

How? and what is the purpose of doing that?

Message 10 of 27

Have you looked at the picture I attached to the previous message?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 27
Message 12 of 27

Hello Arthur,

Thank for your immediate reply(just see the sketch).

The plane that you've created(with points/nodes 1 to 3), what is the location of points 1 to 3( do i need to copy it from the top nodes of the bldg and translate/copy it,ie,52 mm  away)?Did everthing move with this command(including openings?), How can I verify that the bldg really tilts,ie, 52 mm? Again thank you very much

Message 13 of 27

Hello Arthur,

Just seen the attachement, how do you create the intended plane(nodes 1,2 & 3), do you copy it from the top of the bldg and translate it away,ie,52 mm?Does the whole bldg moves(including openings etc.) with that command?How can I verify it that it really tilts,ie, 52 mm?

Again, thank you very much.

Message 14 of 27

Just seen the attachement, how do you create the intended plane(nodes 1,2 & 3), do you copy it from the top of the bldg and translate it away,ie,52 mm?

It can be done like this or you just type the values knowing where your structure should finally end up.

Does the whole bldg moves(including openings etc.) with that command?

Only the objects within the given tolerance (distance from the indicated plane).

How can I verify it that it really tilts,ie, 52 mm?

What about comparing the new coordinates with the old ones?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 15 of 27

Hello Artur,

I've tried the procedure for a simple box type structure(four walls) but it doesnt tilt? Am I missing something here?

Message 16 of 27

Send me this box please.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 17 of 27

Hello Arthur,

This is what happen, only the 2 side walls move(I thought the whole upper portion of the wall should move not"one" side only), leaving behind the two walls.

REgards,

Message 18 of 27

Could you send the rtd file please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 19 of 27

Hello Arthur,

I cannot attached rtd files, it doesnt allow me

Regards,

Message 20 of 27

Compress (zip) it please.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report