Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plate and Shell reinforcement. Reinforcement weight?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Jummybear
410 Views, 5 Replies

Plate and Shell reinforcement. Reinforcement weight?

Can somebody explain the difference between reinforcement weight in list of possible solutions (plate and shell reinforcement-bending dialog box) and the number I get in calculation note - material survey? The second one is always higher. For my example plate I get 43397,43kg as a most economical solution of reinforcemnent and 48620,17 kg in total weight-material survey-calculation note.

I didnt find in help any topics related to calculation note. But for list of possible solutions it is said that:

Solution List

Select one of several possible solutions sorted according to an optimization coefficient. This coefficient is the weighted average of the parameters for optimization. Solutions facilitating reinforcment are preferred to those requiring less steel.

When selected, the solution list includes a number and type of used wire fabrics, the percent of wire fabric consumption, and a total mass of wire fabrics with wastes.

For bar reinforcement, estimate quantity survey for bar types is given on the solution list and the quantity survey for total steel weight is not given. In these results the mass is a result of the demanded bar laps and structural reinforcement.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

The prior is based on areas of zones whereas the later includes anchorage lengths of bar which extend 'outside' them.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6

As I thought. Does the later (material survey in calc. report) includes weight with wastes or not?
Message 4 of 6

No, this is based on the rebars as they are generated. 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6

And last question: why material survey with steel weight in calc. note provided only for robot calculated reinforcement? If I manage zones and set up reinforcement by hand (manually) and then recalculate the model I cant see any steel weight in calculation note. Only weight of reinforcement which is the same as the weight in possible solutions (without anchorage lengths etc)
Message 6 of 6

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. I can't see any link between the lack of reinforcement weight in the note and recalculating the model. Perhaps the steps you missed is to freeze the manually modified reinforcement (RC Slab - reinforcement layout) and run calculations of reinforcement for the frozen rebar distribution? 

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report