Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planar load on contour is copied but not visible

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Mirko.Jurcevic
425 Views, 3 Replies

Planar load on contour is copied but not visible

Hi,

I have a strange problem. I have planar load on contour defined on one panel (that panel already had uniform planar load, this is an addition). I've copied that panel (whole level) to lower stories and I ran into some problems.

1. It was very hard to locate that uniform planar load on contour in table, I was changing force values until I noticed (in graphic display) that I am changing the right one. (it shoud be 2,0, but I've changed it to 2,13 so I can find it).

2. I've noticed in table that this load is applied to all of the panels I've made copy from initial one (marked with "1"), but that load is nowhere to bee seen on that panels (in graphical sense).

3. When I "Edit in new window" just one level, I get graphical display of planar load on contour, but it is not on the panel.

Bug, or maybe I am doing something wrong?

I am attaching two images and a model.

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Please check: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/copying-loads/m-p/4320322/

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4

Yes, thanks, I know about that solution, but in that way I need to add loads everywhere later. That a workaround and I will do it that way.

What I wanted is to create a characteristic floor and copy it several times, but, as you could see, I ran into some problems. Why Robot act in that way, is unclear to me.

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
Message 4 of 4

Contours of loads are not copied with the panels. This is the limitation of all these types of loads. 

If you want to have the load applied to the vertically copied panel you need to unmark the automatic detection of panels in the load contour plane and replace it with the list of panels and the vertical direction of the contour projection. 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report