Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric Steel Section - Cross vs. Lateral Buckling

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
RRufino
429 Views, 3 Replies

Parametric Steel Section - Cross vs. Lateral Buckling

Hello,

I'm analysing an existing steel structure that needs to be reinforced. At this point i'm looking to beams/rafters between brackets (bars 1106to1113). The steel section that exist actually is an IPE and we will reinforce by welding to bottom flange a part of other IPE or plates. To calculate this reiforcement i've used cross section on parametric steel section.

My problem is when i'm running member verification i get the message that robot didn't perform lateral buckling analysis because section type or because it doesn't exist bending. I checked and exist bending, so please confirm me if robot doesn't perform lateral buclkling analysis to this section. If it doesn't, can you give me an idea how to design final reinforced structure?

Model: http://we.tl/x0I7nwk0Vp

Thanks in advance,

RRufino

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: RRufino

LTB is not supported for such section types (I think EC3 does not include such provisions).

I would create the section as the user defined inside the Section Builder module assigning it the I type. This would allow for code checking based on rules given in the code for such sections (including the LTB check).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
RRufino
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

How can i delete a section from RUSER database?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: RRufino

Tools \ Section Database, open database, mark whole record (with this section) in table part of this window, press DEL key on keyboard, close Section Database viewer.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report