Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

panels displacaments

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
JuZa
574 Views, 11 Replies

panels displacaments

Hello,

I've got such problem and didn't suceed to solve it, (or find right answer). Problem as you can see in printscreen attached) in walls some displacaments from selfweights are really strange. I veridied file (not once) everything looks fine, I tried to regenerate mesh for these panels, and so on. nothing helped.

I couldn't attache file cause it's too big

Julius

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
tony.ridley
in reply to: JuZa

Don't forget this is displacememt normal to the panel, so it's not vertical deformation you are looking at here.

Could be from bending out of plane for that panel?

Message 3 of 12
JuZa
in reply to: tony.ridley

I understand that but what looks strange to me is difference between two close panels, in one displacament in one dirrections in other opposite, but local axes are in same dirrections

Message 4 of 12
Artur.Kosakowski

Could you attach this model please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 12
JuZa
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

well it's quite big 445Mb, so only such way

http://host03.pipebytes.com/get.php?key=103155041562867

Message 6 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda

Try that:

- turn off kinematic links

- mesh panels,

- freeze meshes

- check FE local coordinate systems comparing to these two panels systems - Z direction.

If they are opposite - remesh panel with wrong direction on FEs, if it does not help, open file in repair mode and then remesh this \ these panels.

My results are OK doing nothing with model

wnorm.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 12
JuZa
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

kinematic links are turned off,

panels are meshed and freezed, (I've tried to remesh them several times).

But FE local coordinate system differs (somehow I could not imagine that it can differ from panels local coordinate system).

But I can't understand anything now i remesh panel, and while looking at FE local system on everything looks fine, but if I just turn local coord system of panels on FE local system (view) changes. Problem about repari mode is that repair mode explodes most of openings (turns them into geometrical objects).

Message 8 of 12
JuZa

Ok, I've tried repair mode and meshing afterwards, nothing helps. For some panels local panel and FE local coord sys z dirrection differs. I'm out of ideas, I'm using RSAP 2013 SP2 (64bt).

I know that this file was created in older version. I can't understand these coord systems differ.

Message 9 of 12
JuZa

One idea, can't this be of some stange instalation feature (particular in my pc) or some rubish files left somewhere in pc.

Message 10 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda

TRy this: after meshing and freezing meshes copy this panle aside from model ie with vector -10 0 0 and observe LCS of panel and FEs - they should be OK now, then remove copy of this panel.

Check this file: http://wtrns.fr/ypKFBYyD4UNApX0

Rafal Gaweda
Message 11 of 12
JuZa

It worked local z of FE now corresponds panel. But do you have any idea why it was like that and how copying and deleting panel helped?

Message 12 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda

I know that: it helped.

The reason must be found by developers.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report