Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel Maps after non-linear analysis

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
tony.ridley
243 Views, 6 Replies

Panel Maps after non-linear analysis

Hi guys,

When I run a shell element with a non-linear analysis, the results map is just black. 

It only goes black when the layer is on "middle".  I get a normal map when the layer is upper or lower. 

Is this an error in the program, or am I doing something wrong?

Tony

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Tony,

What kind of results you display (stresses)? Please check the values for the middle layer in the panel results table - are they 0s?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7

Artur,

No, it is black for stresses in middle layer only for non linear combinations. 

For the simple cases it works fine.

Upper and lower stresses report correctly, just not middle.  But there IS stress in the middle layer.  So I'm not sure whats going on

Tony

Message 4 of 7

Tony,

Please send us both the model and screen capture that shows what to look at (and how it looks on your machine). Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7
tony.ridley
in reply to: tony.ridley

file here:

Message 6 of 7
tony.ridley
in reply to: tony.ridley

hmmm told you I was having a bad Robot day.  It seems when I run the file I sent to you, it works OK.  I only opened it in recovery to cut down the file size, but it seems to have fixed the problem too. 

Sorry for posting without trying this first.  Smiley Embarassed

Tony

Message 7 of 7

Good to know it works (I was about to send you a nice picture with lot of colors) Smiley Happy

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report