Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

panel co-ordinates

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
tony.ridley
3976 Views, 21 Replies

panel co-ordinates

Hi,

Does anyone know a way to obtain a table of all panel coordinates in a model?

It is frustrating to try and track down where mesh inconsistencies are occuring by clicking on every panel in the model and checking that the geometry is in fact correct.

Cheers,

Tony

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: tony.ridley

Here you are

panelcoord.JPG

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 22
tony.ridley
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Rafal,

Thanks for your answer, however;

I have already been using this method to revise panel geometry.  For some reason my panel geometry was slighty out (on multiple panels) and I want to see all contour coordinates in a table.  So if I have to change the geometry on 80 panels, using your method is extremely tedious and time consuming.  If I could dump the coordinates into excel and manipulate them before re-importing them it would be better.  

For example if I have complex pattern of wall geometry and the floor height is changed, I need to click on properties for every panel on that floor and manually update the height.  This is not efficient.

Additionally, I find it annoying that Robot does not round the coordinate (of the node, panel etc) to the same number of decimal places as the user setting for dimension?  

ie In parameters definition I have set dimensions to metres and three decimal places (1.012m for example).  So how/why can the panel contour have a position of 1.01200025?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Tony

Message 4 of 22
Rafal.Gaweda

@tony.ridley wrote:

....... If I could dump the coordinates into excel and manipulate them before re-importing them it would be better.  

No problem, just write small VB macro in Excell  accessing robot data via its API doing such operations.

Additionally, I find it annoying that Robot does not round the coordinate (of the node, panel etc) to the same number of decimal places as the user setting for dimension?  

"Round up" function is registsred in our database as an enhancement and it will \ may be considered in future developement plans.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 22
Rafal.Gaweda

....... If I could dump the coordinates into excel and manipulate them before re-importing them it would be better.  

No problem, just write small VB macro in Excell  accessing robot data via its API doing such operations.

Take a look at attched xls with macro.One button to import geometry (characteriscic points coordinates) of selected panel(s), second - to update panel(s) geometry basing on data in Excell. NOTE: modify only cells with coordinates.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 22
tony.ridley

Rafal,

Genius - your macro worked a charm.  

My faith in Autodesk / Robot is stronger now!

Tony

Message 7 of 22

Dear Rafal,

I tried to use your macro and I received the error message: " Structure Type Should be Plate or Shell" ... but the calculation mode is set as shell, and the structure object is Panel.

What am I doing wrong?

Obrigado ... I mean Thanks

Gustavo

Message 8 of 22

Try this macro

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 22

Bingo!!!

Message 10 of 22
tony.ridley

How is this version different?

The previous one worked no problem at all.  This one gives me the error "must be plate or shell"

Message 11 of 22
Rafal.Gaweda

Tony,

Check these lines:

If (RobApp.Project.Type <> I_PT_PLATE) And (RobApp.Project.Type <> I_PT_SHELL) And (RobApp.Project.Type <> I_PT_BUILDING) Then
MsgBox "Structure Type should be PLATE or SHELL or building", vbOKOnly, "ERROR"

Building Structure type has been added so it means Gustavo's structure type is Building.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 12 of 22
tony.ridley

Thanks Rafal,

I thought the code would use the OR statement;

If (RobApp.Project.Type <> I_PT_PLATE) or (RobApp.Project.Type <> I_PT_SHELL) or (RobApp.Project.Type <> I_PT_BUILDING) Then
MsgBox "Structure Type should be PLATE or SHELL or building", vbOKOnly, "ERROR"

Then the structure type can be any one of the three....................

Tony

Message 13 of 22
Rafal.Gaweda

I thought the code would use the OR statement;

If (RobApp.Project.Type <> I_PT_PLATE) or IF (RobApp.Project.Type <> I_PT_SHELL) or IF (RobApp.Project.Type <> I_PT_BUILDING) Then MsgBox "Structure Type should be PLATE or SHELL or building", vbOKOnly, "ERROR"

Then the structure type can be any one of the three....................

Tony

Look at logic. Can be OR but then use

....RobApp.Project.Type = I_PT_PLATE..... RobApp.Project.Type = I_PT_SHELL .....

and different messagebox

Rafal Gaweda
Message 14 of 22
tony.ridley

oh yes

oops Smiley Embarassed

Message 15 of 22
bjornhgr

This looks like something I could really use! Is it possible to do the same with walls? I find it to be next to impossible to edit wall heights in Robot, and I've got a whole basement of them...

Message 16 of 22
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: bjornhgr

THis macro works.

If you have stories or axes in model try this:

axis.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 17 of 22
bjornhgr

Well, that doesn't really help me, 'cause my walls aren't attached to the level. I have imported my model from Revit. The deck slab is 500 mm thick, so even though my Revit walls were attached to the slab, I suppose the distance is larger than what Robot recognises as "connected", without manually editing the analytical model? Which is probably the next thing I should do...

Message 18 of 22
tony.ridley

you can change the default tolerance within revit 

Message 19 of 22
Rafal.Gaweda

DIfferent option for correction (to Plane ?) : 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Detailed-Correction/m-p/3079956/highlight/tr...

Set Precision bigger then distance between levels

Rafal Gaweda
Message 20 of 22
tony.ridley

Rafal this fantastic spreadsheet of yours does not work in 2013.  Can you give me the lines of code to fix it??

Thanks..Tony

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report