Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlap between slabs and beams

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
joaocosmoscivil
2031 Views, 4 Replies

Overlap between slabs and beams

Comparing simple hand calculations with the Robot results regarding beams supporting slabs, I've noticed two things:

- Robot overlaps the beams and slabs and seems to consider the weight of both independently, meaning that the reactions will be higher than reality;

- The connection between the beams and columns doesn't represent the real rigidity of the composite beam+slab, as the slab makes the beam behave as a T-beam.

Questions:

- is there a way to subtract the overlapped weight?

- is is possible to "lower" the beam seen in the image so that the top os flush with the slab and make them act with the equivalent moment of inertia? Or is it better choose an equivalent T-section for the beam? (in this case the overlapping problem gets even worse)

Capture T-beam.JPG

Thanks

Joao

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Please check:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/T-slab/m-p/3185418

and

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Beam-offsets/m-p/3332921

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5

I read thru the post, however, the topic seems to concern on the analysis of the beam.

How about the deduction of the overlap between beams and slabs for calculation of dead weight reaction?

How can this be done automatically in Robot?

My intention is to use the reactions for load takedown and i want to reduce the weight this way. 

Message 4 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: robo-bart

How about the deduction of the overlap between beams and slabs for calculation of dead weight reaction?

How can this be done automatically in Robot?

Not considered at all.

If you want do it by your own.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 5
robo-bart
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Would be nice if there is such capability eventually. 🙂

Thanks for clarifying.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report