Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One-way slab transeverse reinfocement

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
pevelor
4171 Views, 3 Replies

One-way slab transeverse reinfocement

Hi guys

I am designing according to EC2, which gives the following rule:

The transvarse (secondary) reinforcement in a one-way slab should be at least 20% of the main reinforcement.

Also, at supports where there  is no chance of transverse moment there is no need for transverse reinforcement.

Ref. EC2, part 1-1, point 9.3.1.1

When I perform calculation of required reinforcement for my one-way slab I don't get result which complies with this criterion.

What kind of actions do I have to perform in order to fix this?

In beforehand, thanks for all help

Regards

Peder

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: pevelor

Peder,

The current approach in Robot is that if you decide on the unidirectional reinforcement the calculations of reinforcement for the secondary one are not done. We will consider your post as the request for the new feature development for the next versions of Robot. For now you can try to add the disclaimer under the results for the main direction that informs that the secondary reinforcement is 20% of the main one or try to calculate the reinforcement having the unidirectional reinforcement switched off.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
pevelor
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks Arthur for your quick and good response.

Message 4 of 4

We will consider your post as the request for the new feature development for the next versions of Robot.

Implemented in RSA 2015.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report