Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Tuctas
494 Views, 4 Replies

Offsets

Hi,

When we define a node in a point of member in which we have assigned offsets, in order (that node) to be an ending node of a new member, would there be generated automatically an offset too, or maybe it is placed on the member and it is just graphically presented as it is offseted (see attached)?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Tuctas

The bar with the offset will be internally divided into two calculation elements with offsets. As an offset is the attribute of a bar it does not change the position of  its end nodes which means that the 'new' bar will 'end' in the node as it is.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5
Tuctas

Thank you Artur,

To be honest i didn't understand well your answer. In the attached picture (that i forgor to attach before..), is the node #104 connected with a virtual rigid link (as it is generally for offsets) with the element or not?

Message 4 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

Check the attached picture.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5
Tuctas

So, there are virtual rigid links. I don't see the dashed line as it is for the case of manually defined offsets, that's why i am asking.. 

(Node #62 as weel as #61, #66,are ending nodes of columns, when #104 is made of subdivision of bar). 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report