Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

object meshing error, incoherent object and multi storey model conversion?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Opel5
773 Views, 4 Replies

object meshing error, incoherent object and multi storey model conversion?

Hi There,

I'm running into some persistent problems when trying to correct the attached model. I've tweaked the meshing options following this thread:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Structure-verification/m-p/3334637/highlight...
and done panel overlap correction for all affected panels bar one (see below). However, I'm getting a "error - object meshing" warning which stops analysis. On clicking on the warning the slab panel is highlighed, yet there's no panel overlaps on this one now. Is there a way of switching on more detailled information to help debug exactly where on the panels errors are occuring? I have a panel overlap warning on 1 remaining panel but zooming in I can't see any overlaps at any of the panels edges.

I also have an "incoherent object used in surface load definiteion" warning. This warning disappears when closing the model and re-verifying. But pops up after running calculation. Any help is much appreciated!

I would also like to know if it's possibly to add the "storey" feature to this model without corrupting the current model. Preferably by creating a 5 storey version of the model: garage, basement, ground floor, first floor, second floor. The aim being ease of alteration to the internal elements on each storey if required.

The zipped RTD file was too big to add so I've had to use "HJSplit" to split the zip file into peices. To rebuild the file:

1)

rename C0049b.zip.001.zip to C0049b.zip.001

rename C0049b.zip.002.zip to C0049b.zip.002

rename C0049b.zip.003.zip to C0049b.zip.003

rename C0049b.zip.004.zip to C0049b.zip.004

2) unzip HJSplit (attached).

3) Run HJSplit and use the "join" operation for the above files.

Many Thanks,

Scott

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Opel5
in reply to: Opel5

screenshot of warnings and remaining split zip attachements

Message 3 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda
Message 4 of 5
Opel5
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Superb! Many thanks Rafal 🙂 Nice to see the model working at last.

Could you provide some advice to convert the model into the multi-storey arrangement mentioned above please?

Message 5 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda

Geometry \ Structure Type -> select Building, then define Stories

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report