Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBJECT COMBINATIONS

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
mgaafar
455 Views, 0 Replies

OBJECT COMBINATIONS

I am new to ROBOT and I can not make the object combinations in the Edit menu work.

I have two cases which I saved on two different files.

File 1:

I want to model a series of pipes in side concrete block. I created the pipes (circle extruded through a polyline as solid) and then created concrete block from one solid block. I tried to subtract the pipe from the concrete SOLID block but it does not work. I do not know if there is a procedure  that I am not following or that ROBOT does not do SOLID geometric operations on complicated geometry. the SUBTRACT feature works only with simple shapes (cylinder subtracted from concrete block) but once I change the cylinder to complex pipe with bents and reducers it does not work. Please Help as I am getting so frustrated!

File 2:

If I extrude a circle through a polyline to create a bent pipe, then intersecting an inclined steel plate, I can not get robot cut the pipe at the plate and then create an opening in the plate at the pipe/plate intersection. is that a bug or ROBOT does not do these complicated geometric operations?

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report