Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notation - RC Beam provided reinforcement

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1154 Views, 10 Replies

Notation - RC Beam provided reinforcement

I spent some time trying to figure out the notation used throughout the RC Beam prov. reinf design module - (meaning "Diagrams" "Calculation Note" etc). I'm going to list them below (omitting those listed within the "Beam Diagram" Tab) just to be sure that I got them right as some of them are pretty confusing. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Abt - Theoretic required reinf. area for bending

Abr - Real provided reinf. area for bending

Abmin - Reinf area based on code minimum allowable reinforcement ratio ?

afp = wk = cw = crack width???

Ql = theoretic left shear force

Qr = theoretic right shear force

Mr = right loading moment ??

Ml = left loading moment

Mr = moment resulted after redistributiion (same notation as for the right moment?)

Mt = design moment (includes tension shift).

Mt(max) and Mt(min)? couldn't figure out these two as they seem different than Mt. I suppose they should be the maximum and minimum design moment for some selected span. But I couldn't understand why they have diferent values than those provided in the Mt diagram.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Abmin - Reinf area based on code minimum allowable reinforcement ratio as well as constructional provisiens (e.g. max. allowable bar spacing) etc.

afp = wk = cw = crack width (different notations for different design codes)

Mr = moment at rigth support

Ml = moment at left support

Mr = moment resulted after redistribution (same notation as for the right moment? - yes)

Mt(max) and Mt(min)? couldn't figure out these two as they seem different than Mt. I suppose they should be the maximum and minimum design moment for some selected span. But I couldn't understand why they have diferent values than those provided in the Mt diagram.  Correct, they should be the same as on the diagram as shown on the attached picture.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

thanks, then I guess the notation it's kinda mixed up and confusing...

please find attached an example to illustrate the diference between the note listing Mt(min)=0 ?? and the diagram Mt=-125.62 = Mr (redist) = Mr(right) since no redistribution is allowed. This is why I couldnt figure out Mt(min)/(max)

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

If the minimum or maximum design moment Mt is wrong, how about further design calculations? are they to be trusted?

Message 5 of 11
Artur.Kosakowski

The design is based on forces shown on the diagrams and the values are taken from the number of points you declared in the parameters of the calculations rather than from left, right max/min ones only.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

I noticed this option which is not explained in the help:

RC Beam prov reinf (Euroode 1992/2004) --> Analysis --> Calculation Options... --> Advanced... --> "Participation of stirrups in shear reinforcement"

Could you please tell me what does it means?

thanks

Message 7 of 11
Artur.Kosakowski

9.2.2 (4)

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

thanks

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Can someone explaine how to choose a layout view to make an expertize of a beam just like in an example which kope has attached?

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

assuming you're using ROBOT 2013, and the RC beam geometry and loading were defined in the main module ("Geometry"). You have to select the RC beam, then choose Design --> "Provided reinforcement of RC Elements" and then the "RC design"/"Provided reinforcement" layout is displayed for your selected beam and load combinations.

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report