Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a Body get AGAIN

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
GabrieleNovembri1027
1842 Views, 6 Replies

Not a Body get AGAIN

Hi All,

I am trying to modify an already defined structure made of walls as building structure type. I need to make a Boolean sum and cuts of some panels. I was thinking to use the Boolean operator available in the shell type structure. So I have changed the type of the structure with "geometric/structure type" and tried to make the operation I need.

Unfortunately I always get the same error : "NOT A BODY GET".

I have already encountered the same problem: http://forums.autodesk.com/to/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/not-a-BODY-Get/m-p/3114394/highlight/true#M4...

Any suggestion ? 

no body.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Could you attach the rtd file and make screen capture that shows the definition of the operation you attempted please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7

Hi Artur,

You will find attached a video with the procedure I used to try to combine with boolean operator two different panels of a very simple RTD file (attached too).

The procedure I used was:

• Change the type of the structure from Building to Shell (3d);
  • make the boolean sum of the two panels

Thanks 

Message 4 of 7

Gabriele,

The objects you have in the file you sent are defined as ACIS ones (you can easily see this when you you open their meshing parameters dialog which are different then for 'standard' panels) and this was also my assumption for your previous Not a Body get thread on the forum. Could you create them again in a new project making sure that the solid modeler format is SWITCHED OFF (make sure you re-started Robot after making this change in its Preferences)? Otherwise for ACIS objects use the single-operand Union instead.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7

Hi Artur,

You are right. Changing the type of structure from building to shell (_3D in other words) Robot, in my case, was using as default general setting the option you were talking about. Switching off the option the Boolean operations run correctly.

Thanks

Message 6 of 7

Mr. @Artur.Kosakowski

I am getting a similar error, however when I go to job preferences, the option to select solid modeler is not present. Is there a reason for this/ is there something I need to do before this will show up?

thomaslittle9YHXY_0-1660770887991.png

Message 7 of 7

@thomas.little9YHXY 

It is in the Job Preferences at Work Parameter tab

okapawal_0-1660817257830.png

Waldemar Okapa

Sr Product Owner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report