Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nonlinear analysis in reinforced concrete element

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Viator
803 Views, 4 Replies

Nonlinear analysis in reinforced concrete element

Hi

Could you tell me if Robot can check nonlinear analysis in reinforced concrete models? I know that Robot has calculated something but I can't find any information if it has checked creeping and fissuring.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Viator

Plate and Shells

creep.jpg

Beams

creep2.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 5
Viator
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

These options are in Design module. Will it work in normal static when I'll change it there? I need forces in the truss because I have to check second order effects. I need to know if Robot check creeping and fissuring in nonlinear analysis because without them it will be incorrect with Eurocode 2.

Another problem is that Robot has got problems with imports the truss from geometry to design. It has divided the truss to groups of beams without any logic (it looks like snake not rods).

Message 4 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Viator

Will it work in normal static when I'll change it there? 

No.

Another problem is that Robot has got problems with imports the truss from geometry to design. 

There is no such option in Robot.

You can select some bars or bars and connecting (common node) to import them to Steel Connection module and then you will see the logic.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 5
Viator
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

You can select all bars and then go to design module. I think it works well with typical frames where every level of construction is one floor (and columns between them). Probably it has problems with a truss because it is one element with a lot of levels. I don't try it with frame but I can see how it divides a truss.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report