Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Linear manual load combination for moving load

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1120 Views, 10 Replies

Non-Linear manual load combination for moving load

Hello,

I want to analyze the effect of a crane on a beam. The crane is modelled as travelling load. I have tension bar in my structure, which forces a non-linear analysis. When I run the analysis, Robot does not calculate results for load combinations which I have defined manually. In Analysis type diagram, I have hooked off the option for “Auxiliary case”, but after I run the analysis it is hooked on again. If I make a load combination without the travelling load, Robot can calculate forces; however it skips load combination when I have moving load in the combination.

In advance, thank you for your help.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Make model temporaryly linear

Generate combinations as shown on example below:

Make model nonlinear again

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thanks, it worked

Message 4 of 11
Rafacascudo

I´m not able to make it work. Followed the instructions. Combinations are created. No problems when Running the linear model.

When I turn it into non-linear (linear releases Rx and uz+ uplift) ,problems arise.

- In analysis parameters , everything remains "static linear"

- Ok , it runs as it is really non-linear , but as soon as it begins solving it , the loads due to my vehiche vanishes from the combinations!!!!!

http://screencast.com/t/iZpGUsRO

The only way I managed it to work was generate load cases from each moving load component and when create the combinations manually in excel

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafacascudo

File please.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 11
Rafacascudo

Hi Rafal ,

I´m sending the linear model with already generated combinations.Works perfectly!

When I introduce a nonlinear element like unidirectional support or unidirectional linear release , the 6 concentrated loads due to the vehicle  vanish from the generated combinations cases

Rafael Medeiros
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda

In case nonlinear calculations you have to have real loads in real cases so do it this way (or create combinations manually with converted components)

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 11
Rafacascudo

thx ,

so that´s the workaround I have done before.Create load cases from moving load components.

And that that 1st tip , make it linear, generate combination, make it nonlinear is really not working,right?

Rafael Medeiros

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda

Right 😞

Rafal Gaweda
Message 10 of 11
Euge_I

I'm trying to do a P-Delta analysis with moving loads, but I have no combinations. I have arrived to these link,  but I'm not able to see the video: it sais that "the ID for this Screencast is invalid." May you describe a little what to do? Or to re-upload the video?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Message 11 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Euge_I

Hi @Euge_I

Video links fixed.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report