Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Convergence Problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
HelenNg
335 Views, 4 Replies

Non Convergence Problem

I have made a model of 40 storys and run smoothly if set all the pile supports as pinned. However, after I changed the supports to bi-linear, it said that the model is non convergence and stop running. Attached is my file and please advise on how to fix it. Thanks a lot

The file is here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ols5HBjkCca2x4N2FmWG9ZaVU/edit?usp=sharing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tony.ridley
in reply to: HelenNg

It could be that the model is actually not set up properly and will never converge, or it could be because of settings. Try to look at the parameters of non-linear analysis. Use update and save matrix after each iteration settings and it should help.
Message 3 of 5
tony.ridley
in reply to: tony.ridley

ouch.

just checked your model. where to start!!

the meshing is obviously wrong you will never get sensible results. the mesh needs to be consistent size and shape.

even at 3m thick i don't think the slab will work with the supports that way.

don't worry about non-linearity until the model is 100% using linear analysis
Message 4 of 5
HelenNg

I am not very familiar with ROBOT analysis. I tried the same model with 36 floors but changed to pinned supports. The model can run without warnings of non-convergence. Please advise what I should do to re-construct / improve the model? Thanks a lot. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ols5HBjkCcdnQ0blEzUG1sakU/edit?usp=sharing

Message 5 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda

Some remarks:

- mesh model properly - for example mesh size 1m, no regular mesh, no kinematic links - many posts about that on this forum

- check your model - see example screen capture below

claddings created on top of panels (exmple 8857) will not transfer loads to panels \ FEs

I hope panels like 8858 8859 are intentionally set as Curtain Wall by you

cla.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report