Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Burgon87
948 Views, 3 Replies

Node fixings

Are nodes fixed as a default?

I have pinned members (simply supported) but do I need to fix the nodes at either end to create a simply supported member? How are node restrained as a defaults? As I am getting A LOT of instabilities in the nodes?

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Burgon87

Are nodes fixed as a default?

Yes, except truss structure types.

I have pinned members (simply supported) but do I need to fix the nodes at either end to create a simply supported member?

Examples:

Pinned support + member without release

Fixed support + member with release

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
Burgon87
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

For a simply supported memeber should I release Rx, Ry and Rz? Fixing Ux, Uy and Uz?

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Burgon87

I would recommend releasing only RZ and RZ at both bar ends in situations where you need to apply releases to many bars of the model. Then you can check MX values for the bars you consider as simple supported ones and define RX release at one side when necessary. You should not release RX at both ends.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report