Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nodal pressure support

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
s082286
164 Views, 1 Reply

Nodal pressure support

Hello there,

I am modeling a support frame for the sheet pile walls around an excavation. The outer frame is exposed to line loads of different magnitudes. With the series of load cases it isn’t consistent on which side of the excavation the line load is greater. Therefore the principle of the frame support is that the opposing walls should support for pressure only. My question is how to model nodal supports that only obtain pressure?

I have tried defining the supports using the free+/free- function. However, some of the supports get resulting reactions in the wrong direction.

I hope you can help me out.

Andreas

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: s082286

You should use a unidirectional support in horizontal direction and make sure that non linear analysis converges.

See also: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Tension-Only-Springs/m-p/3223310/highlight/t...

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report