Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nodal Displacements with Respect to Cylindrical Coordinate System

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
mmilleraz
326 Views, 1 Reply

Nodal Displacements with Respect to Cylindrical Coordinate System

I am working with a round structure and need to determine the nodal displacements along a segmented circular track within that structure. While the model was developed using the Cartesian coordinate system, I need to report the nodal displacements in question with respect to a cylindrical coordinate system, i.e. radial, tangential and vertical deflections.

Within the "General" tab of the "Nodal Value Selection" box for the "Nodal Displacements" Results Table, I see that the element data coordinates may be listed as Cartesian, Polar, Cylindrical and Spherical, but is there an option within Robot to report the displacements themselves with respect to these different coordinate systems?

Alternatively, I can develop a spreadsheet to transform the X,Y,Z  displacements to the radial, tangential, vertical format in which I need them, but if I can save time by changing the parameters of my model directly, that would certainly be preferable.

Thank you in advance for the help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

No, they are displayed in the global coordinate system only.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report