Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
murilo_s
549 Views, 4 Replies

New Section

Hi,

I am trying to create a new section in Robot. I already read other topics about this subject, and I realized that I have to create it in an dxf file and import to Robot. But I don't know the process, do I need to create an specific layer or something in Autocad? And i didn't understand how I can import and save in the database.

Help would be very apreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: murilo_s

Example movie with different approaches

(to use section in steel desing please select correct section symbol under question mark field and specify correct data)

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 5
murilo_s
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thank you very much! I just created a section and altough I had some troubles, it is working fine. I just have one more question, what are those dimensions in the saving section to database window? I attached a picture of this window.

Message 4 of 5
Rafacascudo
in reply to: murilo_s

These are to distinguish one section from another of the same type.

You can use all the 3 dimensions like  BOX(name) 300(d1) x 200(d2) x 25(d3) = Box 300x200x25

or just 2 dimensions (d1 and d3) - BOX 300x25

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
ajramirez
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

exelent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report