Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New profiles in Section database

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jonatas.decampos
3294 Views, 9 Replies

New profiles in Section database

I am creating new profiles in Section database, Are welded, these profiles do not exist in international catalogue. There are several parameters to be inserted, but does not exist in "help" the meaning of all of them.
I would like to receive the meaning of each parameter and also what are those that obligatorily must be completed so that the profile works perfectly on Analyse of Robot Structure.
TKs,

Section Database-.jpg

table.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Please check http://docs.autodesk.com/RSA/2012/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-66A2E6F7-AE2B-44F7-96BD-49BFBBAC8F4-1627.htm

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10

There are many more parameters that are not in this table.

Message 4 of 10

They describe the shape of the section and are shown on the picture of the section itself. They depend on the section shape and you can use one of the existing section types as the reference. For the complete list of section symbols check message 11 from http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/How-to-create-thin-walled-sections/td-p/3107... please.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 10

Thanks for the information, but I still have doubts in some parameters.

You could tell me what is its meaning:

SURF

GAP

HAS_MATS

IS_THIN

GAMMA

And also I do not have these values to my profile you can tell me how can I calculate.

TORS (Wx)

SHEAR_QY (Wy)

SHEAR_QZ (Wz)

Tks,

Message 6 of 10

SURF - painting area

GAP - distance between profiles used for compound sections

HAS_MATS - indicates composite section (more than one material)

IS_THIN - thin walled section (not used)

GAMMA - defines the orientation of the main axes (see e.g. CAEP family)

And also I do not have these values to my profile you can tell me how can I calculate.

TORS (Wx) - for typical sections you can use the formulas from the attached documnet

SHEAR_QY (Wy) - as above or can be calculated by the Section Builder module

SHEAR_QZ (Wz) - as above

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 10

Missing one last thing. How can I calculate the SURF (painting area).
Thank you
Message 8 of 10

Measure the outer line of the section contour (sides, top and bottom; the parts that you would paint e.g. for fire resistance) and multiply it by a unit of length declared for the section database.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 10

Thank you for the info All were very useful.

I arrived at a point that I need more formulas (Ax, Ay, Az, Wx, Wy, Wz).

To calculate profiles of other geometries.

Channels (C), angles (L), Drawers (Quad), XL.

I put the PDF attached.

Tks,

Jonatas

Message 10 of 10

I'm sorry but I don't have them. For 'single shape' profiles you can calculate these values using the section builder of Robot (for compound profiles from your list As values can be assumed as double values calculated for the a single profile).

You may try to search for:

1/ CTICM, Revue Construction Metallique, Caracteristiques torsionelles
des profils a parois minces, par S. Baraka
2/ Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Institut de la construction
metallique, Conception des structures metalliques - Partie C:
Dimensionement des halles et batiments ; Deuxieme edition, 3e tirage
corrige (decembre 1987)

which cover  thin walled section calculations.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report